Google Tag

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Inside Outside Exhibition

A couple of months ago an opportunity opened up to submit work to a local gallery for a juried exhibition that focused on mental illness and disability. Some of my most recent work fit this theme, as they are images created based on autism—specifically the dissonance of sound and language, and struggle to communicate. I submitted 5 pieces, these four were accepted.


We had a nice opening, with many other artists from the area submitting work, including several from people who struggle with mental issues (coordinated by institutions that assist them).  The show was called "Inside Outside," and you can read about it here.  <link>


The exhibition is about to come to a close, and I actually sold a piece.  Before the end though, I was asked to participate on a panel discussion on April 4, with a few other artists, talking about our work and how it connects/speaks to the subject of mental illness and disabilities.  I will post more on this topic later when the event passes. 

In the meantime, I am still making digital image edits on my cell phone, and posting them here.  A summer project is to start transferring these images from a blog to an actual website, and also possibly, create a small art book out of some of the best of these images.  



No comments:

Post a Comment