Google Tag

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Boy #2 YET. . .




Yes it is my due date and it is HOTTER than a lonely hot dog rotating at 2am at a Kwik Trip Gas Station. Today the doctor did "her best" to get things going (stare at ceiling and think of how good men have it). I'm going to let her do whatever it takes as she now thinks the baby is 8 1/2 pounds. I did my fair share of walking and had Vietnamese food for lunch and walked some more. A lot of people ask if Hugo knows he has a baby brother coming. He has NO CLUE. He uses my belly like a spring board to grab my glasses or my hair. His latest efforts involve emptying the contents of whatever he can find. If it is a box loaded with books, by golly all 30 books will be in the middle of the room. He is napping now in a bedroom littered with flash cards, like the aftermath of a Chicago-style ticker tape parade. I for one did not sleep last night because my body was busy sweating. I swore I heard a mouse and if you remember last time, a mouse scratching in our walls is how Hugo's labor began. But honestly, I'm not sure the squeaking last night was from a varmint or Evan's nose.

2 comments:

  1. Well Jennifer you haven't lost your !!!scence of humor .Look for the full moon,
    my friend is a nurse in a delivery ward and she says more babies are born on the night of the full moom then at any other time .
    she says they are always busyer then one arm paper hangers at the full moom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having lunch with me today! It was nice!

    Also, I forgot to mention during our conversation earlier that my sister and I are almost exactly 18 months apart, and I thought it was a pretty awesome way to grow up. We were always close enough in age to share friends and interests and we were always best friends. I sure don't know if my mother felt the same way about the awesomeness... but I hope Hugo is best friends with his baby brother like I was with my sister.

    ReplyDelete